Pages

Saturday 27 May 2006

Privacy vs security: Wired articles






If you haven't seen these Wired items, they're worth a read.

I of course am on the side of privacy and civil liberties, which I feel are particularly at risk of unwarranted erosion in the light of the Internet and modern technology, as you'll know if you've read my rants on ID cards.

Bruce Schneier certainly articulates very well my own feelings about the key issues and his book Beyond Fear: Thinking Sensibly About Security in an Uncertain World is now high up on my "must read" list.

2 comments:

Blog Bloke said...

I'm with you Improbulus. This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. With the advent of relatively cheap broadband internet, the blurring of our desktops and the web, and governments initiating legislation in the name of national security, our privacy (and security) is being violated on a daily basis.

Improbulus said...

Thanks for your comment and your posts, Blog Bloke. I agree. This is one of THE biggest concerns for us Net users, along with viruses and spam.