Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2006

Google: wanna spell chequer?






You'd think the mighty Google could afford a spell checker (yep I deliberately put "chequer" in the title, joke!).

But I noticed this a month or so ago, and they've still not fixed it. Do you see what I see?


I mean, it's clever (and nice for Google's revenues) that whenever you search on Google for 2 cities' names they give you ads for flights between those cities at the top of the search results, but - "United Kingdon"? (And there are indeed some cheapish flights from Dallas to London. Who sez I'm hinting??)

I wonder how long it'll take for Google to spot that typo. Though I'm not sure I have the energy to try a daily search at the moment...

UPDATE: as Ian said, they've still not fixed it, one and a half years later! Try this search on Google...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, seems like if you search that misspelling, that more than google has a problem. There are a lot of sites that make the same error.


Hmm...dallas to london, via detroit and amsterdam on KLM. Not exactly the most direct route I've ever heard of. :-)

Anonymous said...

useful information blog,very good content.

Anonymous said...

This comment is so out of place. As this is actually about a post you made a year ago. Anyway, I would just like to thank you for this post because it has been very helpful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Improbulus said...

True, Kirk, but I think it's funny that Google did it...

Thanks metal and Ladida.

No problem posting a comment against the relevant post even if it's an old post. People do it all the time!

BinaryCortex said...

It's still there...

Improbulus said...

Ian, and it's still there today too. Just goes to show, Google / Expedia definitely don't read my posts!