Dear Team Blogger
Well it looks like my blog will be moving to Blogger Beta in the not too distant. I know you've been working hard on all sorts of nice whizzy features for Beta. But no rest for the diligent - I've been wondering about whether the commenting system on Beta could be improved even further (thanks for the changes so far e.g. the comments feeds!):
- UPDATE: hokay, so this is fixed in Beta, no longer Beta I should say - yay, and thank you Blogger Team!If I'm adding a comment to my own blog to reply to others' comments, and I'm logged in so you know it's me, please please could you fix it so I don't have to do the word verification CAPTCHA? (I sometimes type type the letters all wrong and have to redo it, my poor lil fingers have been working a lot lately and need a rest, plus it sure ain't stopping the spambots, just me!)
- Which reminds me, yet again, please build in an anti-comment spam thingy? I'm getting more spam comments than legit ones.
- And how about enabling bulk delete of comments (yes, including "forever") by ticking a checkbox against 'em in a list that I can call up? Say a list of all comments on a particular post, or a list of all comments (on any posts) made since a particular date, or both? Yes, it's those spam comments again.
- Please fix the unresizable window for comments popups at some point too? - if you've a chance...
- I suspect enabling editing of comments in Beta won't be on the cards (it probably wasn't even for classic Blogger, except that Kirk discovered a loophole which now seems closed). But what about giving the commenter a 60 second (or whatever) window to edit their comment after they've posted it, in case they then picked up a typo or wanted to rephrase something they said?
All except the comments on my LG Chocolate phone posts, that is. Tons of 'em, mostly on the same sort of thing, I can't quite face them right now. I mean to do them all at once when I have a spare day, it'll take me at least that long. So please be patient if you've left a Chocolate question in a comment.
Ah well, onwards!