Pages

Thursday 27 October 2005

How much is your blog worth? Code for your template






I posted previously about a cool form to find out hypothetically how much your blog is worth based on the link/dollar ratio derived from AOL's Weblogs Inc acquisition.

Having lamented that it's not dynamic, i.e. the code provided for the search results only shows the value of your blog at the time of your last search, it just occurred to me (sorry, being slow that day!) that there is a solution with a very simple template hack.

You can just add code to your template so that when you or someone else clicks on it, it instantly gives you the value of your blog at the time of that click. I'll be amending my template later to add it to my sidebar, but for now here's what the link would look like for my blog (just click the link and see):

How much is this blog worth?

And here's the code to insert in your blog template, for Blogger users - if Blogger is acting up and that <$BlogURL$> template tag doesn't work (which I've noticed sometimes with my blog), or if you are not on Blogger, just change "<$BlogURL$>" to whatever template tag represents your blog URL on your platform, or easier still just change it to the URL of your blog, see the second example below:

<a href="http://www.business-opportunities.biz/projects/how-much-is-your-blog-worth/worth.php?url=<$BlogURL$>">How much is this blog worth?</a>


Directly using your blog URL you can use this code (but of course change http://consumingexperience.blogspot.com to your blog's URL):
<a href="http://www.business-opportunities.biz/projects/how-much-is-your-blog-worth/worth.php?url=http://consumingexperience.blogspot.com">How much is this blog worth?</a>



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Shirley said...

What's funny is that I had this up on my previous blog. One of my non-blogger coworkers ran across it. All of a sudden he gets the idea that I've made a fortune blogging, and he tells some other people that I'm rolling in money from blogging and don't even need to work with all that money. OK, so they aren't all that bright. But it was enough to make me abandon my previous blog and start a new one.

Improbulus said...

Oh noooooooo Suzi! Can't believe they'd think that. Was this recent, too?

Shirley said...

Within the past couple of weeks. My coworkers are not so bright. The porch light is on, but there's nobody home.