Pages

Sunday 4 May 2008

Funny silly ad








Just saw this ad in a MicroAnvika pullout in T3 magazine, the gadget mag I read in spite of their ridiculous attitude to women.

The last sentence made me laugh. The claim it so makes breathlessly is certainly correct, strictly speaking. But it scares me that they think it would actually impress people who read it. Maybe they're targeting the Dumb Britain crowd. I hope...

Now what would really impress me is a scanner that's over 100% accurate: automatically paste the text into the right spot of the right document and make me a cup of Earl Grey tea (white, no sugar), perhaps?

(Is there a word or definition for silly phrases like "totally unique", "up to 100% accurate" etc? If there is, I can't think of it. It's not a tautology, exactly.)

No comments: