Pages

Friday 2 December 2005

Thank you!






I just want to say thank you to all of you, my darlings - and to my agent, and my mother, and my pet spider, and.... well OK OK, Hollywood this ain't.

Seriously, I didn't realise, until Trish kindly emailed me, that last Tuesday Blogger had added me to the "Blogs of Note" list that they display on the dashboard when a Blogger user logs in (mwah to the lovely people at Blogger! And to whoever nominated me, of course). That made for a sudden big spike in my stats, and I had no idea why at first. Being on that list certainly seems to make a difference, I just didn't know it would be this much - I've had more visitors daily even than when my intro to Technorati tags was mentioned by David Sifry the Technorati CEO on his own blog. I do hope that some of you who came by because of that listing will stick around for a while.

It goes to show that the folks at Blogger really must be pretty objective - presumably my howtos on displaying Blog Search backlinks and Icerocket Link Tracker etc, editing comments on Blogger, Google Sitemaps, Gmail aliases and so on must have counted enough in my favour despite my taking a dim view of Google Web Accelerator and expressing concerns about "flag as objectionable", not to mention my stream of queries and feedback comments to them.

I was also rather chuffed to find out that ME Strauss of Successful Blog had posted a poem to Technorati that mentioned me in it - I don't think anyone's ever named me in a poem before (one, two, three - awwwwwww! But really, they haven't).

Writing this blog has turned out to be very time-consuming - the more I write the more that seems to come up to write about (and yes I know I'm behind on replying to your comments and emails, but I do get them and I promise I will reply, soon). Thank you for reading. It's been your comments and emails that have really kept me going.

I believe very strongly in sharing what I have learned, trying to make techie stuff comprehensible to people who are perfectly intelligent but just aren't up on the jargon, and it really is good to know that some of you have found what I write to be of real practical use. Please do keep the feedback coming in, it's lovely to hear from you all, and yes the questions too, which I will answer as and when I can (whether privately or in a post).

And to those of you who wrote to me urging me to put ads on my blog because you thought I should get something back (you know who you are), thank you, I finally thought why not, and included Google's Adsense on my blog. I've tried to make the ads relatively unobtrusive (I don't like ads which get in the way too much either, myself). If you find my blog useful, please consider visiting the advertisers. (And if there is demand for it I will report back on my experiences of using Adsense - please let me know if you'd like a review).

Last but certainly not least, I have been invited to join the recently-launched Corante Hubs of the Corante Network - the Corante Web hub specifically. (There are other Corante Hubs too - media and marketing so far, with more to follow in future - do check them out.) I am delighted and honoured to be in such illustrious company. None of this would have been possible without you, my readers, visiting my blog, spreading the word about my blog, and linking to me.

Thanks again to all of you!


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a pet spider?


Very cool indeed. It couldn't happen to a nicer Blogger. I'm keeping my eye on you Imp, I see big BIG things in your future.

John said...

Many Congratulations!! You deserve it!!

Tish Grier said...

congrats! and thanks for the link...you know I'm seriously into all that "linklove" stuff!

:-)
T.

ChickyBabe said...

Congrats!!! And well deserved I might add. Cheers to the Technorati Queen!!

Phillip R Goodman said...

you must show me oh master how to become a blog of note.
so far i am just a blog of notes.

athen said...

I LOVE your blog. It is us that should be thanking you for all the wonderful information. THANK YOU!!!!!

P/s: I'm really surprise that you would go to an extend to addressed my questions.

:=)

T said...

Congratulations Imp, you sure deserve some credit for all the help you put out there! *kiss*

Improbulus said...

Thank you all very much for your kind comments!

Kirk, no pet spider actually, that was alas just a joke. (I did have pet spiders when I was a kid - I was not yer typical girly - but that's a different story...)